We are striving for the most diverse group of people possible — we firmly believe in equality, thus we invite everyone and anyone to participate. In order to make this possible, we are proud to announce our scholarship programme for people who would otherwise be unable to participate.
Our scholarship fund will support about sixty people to attend JSConf EU and/or CSSconf EU, and/or Reject.JS. Scholarships are fully sponsored (i.e. free) tickets that are awarded after an application process and lottery. Travel expenses and accommodation, if required, will also be awarded.
Anyone from an underrepresented group in tech is invited to apply for this scholarship. This includes, but is not limited to: women, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and people facing economic or social hardships.
The application process is simple: Tell us about what you do with JS or CSS, and why you want to attend JSConf EU or CSSconf EU.
Here is a bit more information about the process that might help you during your application:
- This is a joint application form for the JSConf EU and CSSconf EU conferences. The option to attend Reject.JS will be offered to everyone who receives a scholarship.
- You can apply to either one, or both of them.
- Both conferences have three pools of tickets, they are differentiated by how much travel support they provide.
- The first category comes with up to 1000 Euros of travel & accommodation support, meant for non-EU travellers.
- The second category comes with up to 500 Euros of travel & accommodation support, meant for non-Berlin EU travellers.
- The third category comes with no travel & accommodation support, it is meant for people who are from the Berlin area, or nearby, or can pay for their own travel & accommodation (or have friends in Berlin who they can stay with).
- The travel & accommodation support is meant to cover your travel to Berlin and your stay here. Be sure to include travel to and from all respective airports, and any other smaller travel expenses you might incur; they add up quickly.
Scholarships are made possible by a joint effort of JSConf EU, CSSconf EU and Reject.JS attendees and sponsors. Our attendees have raised over 40,000 EUR for scholarship tickets to the conferences. Sponsors are still raising the funds to pay for travel and accommodation. We are very proud to be part of this community for showing their support of this initiative. Thank you!
Special thanks to the Travis Foundation for helping with the scholarship fund!
Submissions are due end of day July 12, CEST (i.e. Berlin time)